Thursday, September 27, 2007

September 27, 2007


Chelsea is now 2 weeks old! The time has just FLOWN by. We're all getting used to each other, and getting into a daily routine. We've had a couple bad nights, but I figured out if I keep her awake for about 2 hours after 7:30 or 8pm, she'll sleep better.

We're dealing with some jealousy issues with Joshua, but he seems to understand she's not going away now. He started hitting me and Scott, and this week he started biting me. It's super obvious he only does it when he wants attention, so I've been trying to have some extra "Mommy & Joshua Time" while Chelsea is sleeping.

At 10 days old, Chelsea hosted her first playgroup! We met some friends from MoMo at a playground near here. She slept through 90% of it, but that's ok! This week we also went to a couple other playgroups, and a Breastfeeding support group, as well. I have a lot of other things planned the next couple of weeks as well.

I've been really overwhelmed with taking care of both of them. I had some practice while I was babysitting my niece and nephew, but they always went HOME! I've found a couple things to help keep my sanity. The biggest thing is taking them to playgroups. Even though it's a bigger pain to haul two kids around compared to one, I found that once I get to where we're going, there are a bunch of other moms who are more than willing to hold Chelsea or chase Josh or basically just help out. They are a God-send... and they understand!

Our first week home, I had 4 moms from MoMo bring us dinners. With all the left overs, we haven't had to cook much at all. It was great! Steve and Patti still bring dinner over once a week, too. My mom is bringing a couple meals over once we're out of leftovers. I can realy get used to this!

We have taken a lot of pictures the last couple weeks (go figure!). Be sure to check out September's Photo Album.

No comments: